- Stek-GHE assisted with the Project Survey on the dregding activities at the ‘Wielingen’ navigation channel (between Vlissingen and the Belgian border) in the Netherlands
- For the project: ‘Depot Hollands Diep’ (Silt Deposit ‘Hollands Diep’ see Google Earth), Stek-GHE processes the deformation measurements of the dikes conform the projects’ quality system.
- On board of TSHD Amazone Stek-GHE interfaced the fuel consumption sensors and programmed the reporting, which are required when working in Germany, to monitor the fuel consumption of the engines via the on board monitoringsystem (Teledyne-PDS). This way the reporting on the dredgingproces can be combined with the fuel consumption for internal analyses. By these means the process can be optimized.
- Likewise on board of TSHD van de Graaf sr Stek-GHE interfaced the fuel consumption sensors and programmed the reporting, which are required when working in Germany, to monitor the fuel consumption of the engines via the on board monitoringsystem (Teledyne-PDS). This way the reporting on the dredgingproces can be combined with the fuel consumption for internal analyses. By these means the process can be optimized.
- To test the hydrographic survey system on board of the recently commissioned new survey vessel ‘ms Harmonie’ of North Sea Port against it’s accuracy and reliability, Stek-GHE performs annually an acceptation test according to written specifications as described in the Dutch Standards for Hydrographic Surveys norm A (Rijkswaterstaat NL-norm A, you can find the specifications here). This makes it that the system is tested according to latest specifications and any errors in the system are noticed and will be fixed.
- Stek-GHE regularly processes the acquired data (by the surveyvessels of North Sea Ports) to desired final products. These can be bathymetric charts up to special maps in which Stek-GHE designed 3d models for e.g. stability analyses of quay walls.
- For monitoring purposes of the deepening of the navigation channel ‘Wielingen’ between the city of Vlissingen and the Belgian border, Stek-GHE assisted with the first bathymetric monitoring survey with North Sea Port’s new surveyvessel ‘ms Harmonie’. The crew on board was assisted with the data acquisition procedures which are to be used during surveying the channel. Due to the dynamic nature of the surveyarea the crew is attended on harsh survey locations in the channel. E.g. under the influence of the interaction between the briny waters from the river ‘Schelde’ and the salty waters of the North Sea, the velocity of sound (which is necessary to calculate the resulting duration of sonar readings to metric values) on the entire water column needs regulary measurements with a Sound Velocity Probe (SVP).
- For the harbor authority NorthSeaPort, Stek-GHE executes the data acquisition (Multibeam and Snippets), -processing (bathymetric and object detection) and reporting on board of North Seaport’s surveyvessels ‘ms Harmonie’ and ‘ms HT1’ in the ports of Genth.
- In de Ports of Ghent nearby Arcelor Mittal there are energy dissipating chambers which are in communicate to the Channel Terneuzen-Gent. To chart the current situation of the slopes in these chambers Stek-GHE investigated how the slopes can be (hydrographicaly) measured. By adapting the position of the multibeam transducer on surveyvessel ms HT1 the slopes will be measured in 2019. To be continued in the portfolio 2019!
- For the mobilisation of a monitoringsystem on an excavator (Caterpillar 6015B) Stek-GHE executed the presentation-, configuration- and calibration works. For exact measurements and due to the narrow workingspace Stek-GHE used an accurate digital distance meter (TopCon-VEGA), a flexible steel rule and an analog (height) level (Wild NAK-D).
- For the mobilisation of a monitoringsystem on an excavator (Komatsu PLC210) Stek-GHE executed the presentation-, configuration- and calibration works. A Special Tool that was build for the project, used to guide cables and to determine the as-built location of the cable, was surveyed and visualized in 3D (CAD).
- For dredging activities near the docking site of IHC location Krimpen a/d IJssel in the Netherlands Stek-GHE assisted for the project survey and delivered the requested documents for the project management of De Klerk.
- To support the crew on board of Faasse bv’s TSHD Scald in using their monitoringsystem (Teledyne PDS), Stek-GHE regulary provides instruction on board. Stek-GHE provides practical guides to support the crew in standard tasks.
Faasse bv is provided with recommendations to fully use the system and at the most efficient way.
- For a project on the Scheldt river Stek-GHE modelled the necessary discharge gantry in CAD and visualized the gantry on the vessels monitoringsystem (Teledyne-Reson PDS). For positioning the vessel on the worklocation CAD drawings are made for the crew to execute the works correctly.
For the company BoutenGeotron bv, Stek-GHE takes care of the quality plan and the support of the survey department. Stek-GHE provides a complete quality plan for the survey department of BoutenGeotron accompanied with bespoke procedures and forms. To prepare the new build surveyvessel for surveys in accordance to IHO/RWS NL norm A the proposed survey system is tested with the help of the AMUST program. The obliged accuracies for the geometric measurements of the vessel are calculated and documented.
Since the start of Stek-GHE there has been contact with vessel builder DutchWorkboats bv to collaborate. Both companies complement each other and due mutual interest a collaboration is starting to take shape. We can offer you a complete package: a robust, fast and full vessel provided with the requested equipment and hydrographic services to support your projects. Visit the DWB website to check out the vessels at: www.dutchworkboats.com or contact us to discuss the possibilities.